Logo

Logo

Friday 20 December 2019

Star Wars Reviews, Road Trips and Battles with the Odeon Website (20/12/2019)

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Waaaaaaaaaaaaars! Nothing but Staaaaaaaaaaaaar Waaaaaaaaaaars!
Today has been pretty quiet but also productive. From the 1st December onwards, I have been reviewing a lot of things Star Wars in preparation for The Rise of Skywalker (which I am seeing on Monday but more on that). For the first 12 days, I looked at fan films and for the rest of the Christmas period, I have been reviewing every Star Wars movie on my Perfectly Honest Film Review page but because I suddenly have an active social life, I have been lagging behind. Well today, I had time on my hands so I was finally able to review the original trilogy of films (as I have been reviewing these in chronological order). They are all online now and ready to view. Don't worry, they're all positive!

Anyway, after that, I went on my usual walk. I tend to walk around my home town for fresh air and excercise and I have to say, it's much nicer in any other time of year than winter! I'd say spring all through summer is the best time. Why? It takes me around 75 minutes to perform my walk. It's that long. Anyway, during my walk, I was sent to deliver Christmas cards to family and neighbours, including my grandparents where it was finally confirmed that we would be spending Christmas there (it was up in the air before for personal reasons). It was certainly good news.

Afterwards, I went with my stepdad to pick up his kids. Along the way, we basically discussed Star Wars and films I have yet to see (including the Spaghetti Westerns, the Matrix sequels and the Die Hard sequels). Soon we had McDonald's after picking them up (which I'm not a fan of due to the small portions but I tolerate it because it's not awful) and we journeyed home. I also learned that I possibly talk in my sleep though I suspect they were teasing me.

Afterwards, my stepdad and I tried booking tickets for The Rise of Skywalker on the Odeon website (as I had a Limitless). However, the website was impossible to navigate as my Limitless wasn't registered to either of our accounts. After battling the website (which included setting up a new account), I conceded defeat. It was too broken for me to handle. Thankfully, I saw that an independent cinema was showing the film for a much cheaper price so we're going there instead.

Aside from that, I've been watching some Christmas songs by the acapella group Pentatonix (who are incredibly talented but their fashion sense keeps getting worse and worse with each passing year) and spoiler-free reviews of The Rise of Skywalker, all of which made me very nervous for the film's outcome. I do like the other sequels but if this is as messy as they say, I fear that they may not stick the landing

Anyway, that'll be all for now. Please share this around as all of this is to raise awareness for autism and I noticed that yesterday's post didn't do so well. Until then, fare thee well good people of the internet!

Meme of the Day:
Image may contain: 1 person, text

No comments:

Post a Comment