Logo

Logo

Sunday 15 December 2019

So About This Week... also Where the Heck Have I Been? (15/12/2019)

Image may contain: 3 people, including Joel Newton, people smiling
My new antlers got decorated... I am very pleased :D

Hello, good people of the internet! Long-time no see! I am aware of how popular this is but since my last post, I've been lost for ideas and I ended up forgetting about this as I tried to focus on my future. Naturally, this ended up being my best option so far so I thought I'd come back to it and this time, I'm going to try and do it daily. It's well and good learning about the broad strokes of autism but it's about time you saw how it affects our daily lives... well my daily life anyway.

Anywho, today has been very quiet. I try to keep myself productive both work-wise (I now have a part-time job) and socially (as that's lacking right now) but today was what I would describe as a 'lollopy' day. People like me are iPhones. We can survive activity but now and again, we need to recharge... this was my recharging period. Today I helped out my stepdad with food shopping for a roast dinner and my older sister visited (heck she and my mum gave me the idea to do this).

It felt needed this time though as my week has been rather tough. Socially, I've been more active than I've been for a while. I've gladly rejoined an amateur dramatics group and I've been partaking in social events with them including a night out at the pub and a Christmas Dinner yesterday. I also saw another panto starring my mum (It was Cinderella which I thought was really funny even if the plot kept getting in the way). If it was just them, I would have been exhausted but happy.

Then came the General Elections. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm not a political person but after realising how much damage the Conservatives would cause to the NHS, the lower class, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities (yes including autism), I had to vote against them and I did... only to find out it was for nothing as the Tories got a majority vote. I'm not going to lie, I have never been more ashamed of my country and more scared for my future. I genuinely considered moving to Germany or Ireland (as I know good people in the former and I love the culture of the latter) but I managed to calm down.

I remembered the story of Joseph from the Book of Genesis in the Bible (the one that got turned into an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical) and not only did my mind turn to said musical but also the VeggieTales' version which reimagined it as a western (don't ask). The message soon became clear to me and I'm finally able to ask the most annoying question a Christian can get asked: if God exists, why do bad things happen? Well now I have an answer: just because things are bad now, doesn't mean they'll stay bad and if we continue doing the right thing in the Lord's name, He will provide. This calmed me down and now I'm just about able to stay sane in these terrible times. But just in case, I'm not asking people who they voted for. I'm not losing any friends over something as petty as politics.

I also started reviewing every Star Wars film on my other site, Perfectly Honest Film Reviews and so far, I reviewed all the Prequels (only one of which I thought was good). Speaking of reviews, I tried getting into the habit of watching a new film every week but this week was so hectic (not to mention rainy) that I was unable to. My 'Frozen II' review will be delayed as a result but hopefully, the Star Wars reviews will tide you over.

I thought it would be a good time to mention my annual Holiday tradition. In 2016, I realised that I couldn't watch all of my favourite Christmas specials online, on TV and in film without organising it so I decided to create a time table. Year-by-year, not only did I perfect my Christmas schedule but I added ones for Halloween in 2017, November in 2018 (where I mixed things up by watching Bonfire Night Specials, things that mixed Halloween and Christmas, Doctor Who Anniversary specials and Christmas specials that didn't quite make the Christmas Timetable) and September in 2019 (simply because September got boring as a result). This year, I managed to balance my Holiday Schedules with my normal schedules and this year's Christmas timetable has been a success as I am feeling the Christmas mood, especially now that I have started the Doctor Who Christmas specials.

Anyway, that's all for today. I'll see if I can keep this up daily but hopefully, it can permanently bring this blog site back to life. Fare thee well good people of the internet!!!

Meme of the Day: 
Image may contain: meme and text


No comments:

Post a Comment