Logo

Logo

Thursday 19 December 2019

Besties, Sweet and Sour Chicken and Avoiding Spoilers (19/12/2019)

Image result for best friend memes
I mean who doesn't?

Dear me have I been busy with my social life! Today I met with my best friend who I shall refer to as Sarah Jane Smith for anonymity's sake. And I did chose that name wisely because in Doctor Who, The Doctor and Sarah Jane weren't lovers but they were somehow such great friends, they transcended that. Plus she's happily engaged and I'd be a lunatic to mess that up.

Anywho, after a nice chat in Costas (well a chat with some awkward silences because we both have Autism/Asperger's), we decided to exchange gifts. I already had mine prepared by Sarah Jane left hers at home so we had to go there. It doesn't sound too bad if anything it was nice, but seeing as it's Britain, we had to battle the wind and the rain with our umbrellas. I am shocked I didn't go Mary Poppins that day.

After the presents were exchanged (which I am not planning to open until Christmas Day), I went home and undertook a special project: I was to cook Sweet and Sour Chicken for the first time. Me cooking by myself is nothing new as I survived a whole year at uni self-catered but this was a new challenge. After being told what to do, I took it on single-handedly (with the exception of making my rather disgruntled teenaged sister set the table) and I managed to do it. It was kind of stressful but I felt alive and in control of the kitchen. I was basically Gordon Ramsey without the swearing. The dinner was nice (if I say so myself) and so far, I'm not poisoned which is nice.

As for internet stuff, I have been very careful to avoid spoilers for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (which I am very nervous about judging by the critical reception) and with the exception of who Rey is, I have been successful (no, I won't say. I'm not a donkey). I was also pleased to see that Donald Trump got impeached by the Senate but I was dismayed to see that, like Emperor Palpatine, he is basically the Senate so he's likely to get back into office. Yay democracy! I was even more dismayed that one of my heroes, J.K. Rowling has revealed herself to be a TERF (trans-exclusionary radical feminist for those of you who don't speak internet) as she sided with a transphobic journalist after the latter got fired for her toxic and false views. Suffice to say, my views on Harry Potter have somewhat soured. I still like the books but I no longer like the author who wrote them.

Speaking of Harry Potter, I neglected to mention that my Secret Santa gift was a Harry Potter pack of Trivial Pursuit cards and I cannot wait to challenge other Potterheads I know. No, I don't know who my Secret Santa is. As for my Star Wars reviews, I'm lagging behind. I managed to publish my review of Rogue One and I started my review of A New Hope but by that point, I was exhausted. I do have a free day tomorrow so I can basically review the Original Trilogy.

That's all for now. Fare thee well good people of the internet!

Meme of the Day:
Image may contain: text

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow Potterhead, I would love to be challenged at Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit 🧙‍♂️

    ReplyDelete