Logo

Logo

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Charities, Secret Santas and Social Lives (19/12/2019)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, close-up
For no reason at all, here's me as a woman!

So there really wasn't much to report yesterday outside of cleaning the entire kitchen and applying for a few more jobs so I'll just skip to today.

Today was PACKED! So I'll start with what I do every Wednesday: I volunteer at a Charity Shop. The work environment is good as my co-workers are lovely but Wednesday afternoons are not good times for me to pick because they're usually so quiet. Once in a while, I get things to do like today I was dusting out the front but other than that, nada.

So when I went home, I focused on tonight and boy do I have a lot to explain. I have joined an amateur dramatics group I shall refer to as MMAD and I am currently doing a pantomime with them. It's based on Camelot and I'm playing the secondary villain Valerin the Vicious, King of the Tangled Wood. Anywho, tonight was a special night as we were doing Secret Santa. I got my gift weeks back and I wrapped it today. My worry was my Christmas cards. I tried to do enough but it turned out I didn't so I had to write them last minute. This wouldn't be so bad but I've gotten into the habit of adding weird and comedic touches to my cards so they took a while. It was worth it though, I saw that it managed to make a few people laugh.

Anyway, after a song and dance rehearsal, the Secret Santa began and me being me, I ended up experiencing two embarrassing moments. For starters, I confused a gift with someone else with a similar name as me. It didn't help as she (yes she) was sitting right next to me. As if that wasn't enough, it turns out the gift I was supposed to give didn't end up in the Secret Santa sack so I had to reveal myself. It turns out he figured it out anyway because I'm not great at being interrogated.

Afterwards, myself and a few of my friends from MMAD went out for drinks. This has become a weekly tradition at this point and I couldn't be happier. When I returned home from uni, I struggled with having a social life because I lived in a small town and most of my friends there were grown, adults. Now I actually have something to look forward to every week! I still haven't got a complete social life as I need to join another thing (preferably involving people my own age) but it's better than before!

I was also pleased to hear that this might get noticed as someone from MMAD who works with people with autism offered to share it around to raise awareness. Good! That's what this whole experiment is for!

Anyway, signing off now. Fare thee well good people of the internet!

Meme of the Day:
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, meme and text

1 comment:

  1. Not only do I appreciate the fantastic "Secret" Santa gift, but also the time we all get to spend together both at Rehearsals and our after rehearsal drinks �� You keep doing you dude! I am loving the blogs!

    ReplyDelete