Logo

Logo

Monday 16 December 2019

My Experience with a Job Coach (16/12/2019)

Image result for job hunting memes
This happens... a lot!
Okay so here's some context: I have recently graduated from University (take that doctors who said I would be unable to walk or talk!) and I am currently facing what every person in their 20s face: job hunting... *shudder*. Yeah it hasn't been easy for me. The most I was able to get was a part-time job as a pub and I do mean part-time as my hours are limited to weekends. It soon started getting to me and tears followed as well as many a stressful night. Talking with my parents didn't help as I kept getting bombarded with suggestions which, while helpful, were overwhelming.

Thankfully, on the request of my employer and my Grandma (no they're not the same person), I signed up to a job coach. This turned out to be the best decision I made all year because now, this whole job-hunting malarkey is now making sense to me. Not only is my coach extremely helpful but they're encouraging too. In today's meeting, for example, they were able to fix my CV and help me apply for a job. Don't worry, I didn't end up lazy because of it. In fact, I applied for jobs on my own on the side... not that it helped since they do this annoying thing of not responding whatsoever... sometimes after interviews or trial shifts!

As for the rest of my day, not much to report other than getting Christmas cards to give to my theatre group on Wednesday. Because of my Christmas Timetable, my days are usually busy at night as I watched some more Christmas specials and reviewed Solo: A Star Wars Story on my film review site (which is the most pointless Star Wars film ever made). I'm also starting to get into Parks and Recreation which, while not the funniest show, is one of the most uplifting shows I've seen and it perks me up when the weight of loneliness crushes down on me.

And that's it. I dread to think what would happen if I ended up with a day of nothing but this experiment is working out well so far! Fare thee well good people of the internet!

Meme of the Day:
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

No comments:

Post a Comment