Logo

Logo

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Sports: It's just a game guys!!!

Now before I say anything I will say this. I completely understand the appeal of sports. It's a bit of fun that helps develop a lot of skills as well as improving your physical appearance and health. I also understand if people take it seriously as a life choice (as I know some people who do). Good for them, so long as you're good at it and work hard at it it's fine by me. My problem is when people take it too seriously.

Now this applies to a lot of things such as movies and video games as there are a lot of heated arguments about them and I have been guilty about debating the former. But I'll give movies a pass since it does have the power to influence a person's way of thinking. Video games and sports however? Calm down, it's just a bit of fun! Now when talking about sports I don't mean stuff like the Olympics or The World Cup since there is more at stake than just competitiveness since for people of harsh backgrounds, this is all they have and again, it's a lifestyle choice and I respect that. I'm on about smaller scale sports events like P.E. for instance.

I HATED P.E. when I did it in school. It was too intense for my liking and I was rubbish at all the sports I did. However, I hate sports like Football more than athletic sports (which I don't hate that much I just suck at it) is because of the pressure. People just suddenly expected me to be to be good at it even though I'm rubbish and it is too intense for my liking. When the ball comes to me, I panic because people charge at me as well so I kick the ball anywhere. This usually comes to the opposing team and my own team gets angry.... even though there's nothing at stake.

You regardless of the stakes, sports fans treat it like a fight to the death. This is especially true of fighting sports (where they literally do that), Rugby (where there are a heck-load of injuries), dodgeball (*shudder*) and of course football, which is probably the most popular sport in the world. Even if it is just a bit of fun, players and fans are just so serious that it stops being fun. And that's my issue with sports, if people don't seem to have fun and yell all the time, why should I have fun.

Like I said, this is also true of other things such as movies and video games. Movies are so critically analysed that they stop being just popcorn entertainment (though I will admit, I'm guilty of this). Video games are so competitive that in co-op games such as DotA, people just yell left right and centre complete with swearing. Even the Internet is just a hive for yellers especially in YouTube.

My message is this, if you're passionate about something, that's fine, more power to you! Just don't ruin it for the rest of us. Especially if we are not on the same level as you.

And that concludes this thought from an autistic mind. What do you think about this? Let me know in the comments below, be sure to like my Facebook page 'Joel Mole' for more blogs and share this around to spread the word. Thank you for reading this and until the next time: fare thee well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment