Logo

Logo

Wednesday 29 January 2020

Thelonious, Churches and Technical Stuff

Image result for thelonious shrek"

So erm... yeah sorry for the inactivity but I have been so busy as of late that I cannot stand the confusion in my mind! So what have I been up to? Well, not YouTube for starters. I still have no idea what I want to do. I tried writing a more humourous version of my 1917 review but it felt forced and unnatural. Maybe I should play it straight.

So what did I do instead? A lot of theatre stuff strangely enough. The most notable thing I did was lighting and sound for a local production of Harold Pinter's The Caretaker... well for a while anyway, I'll get to why later but for now, what I did do I managed to do well. Yes, The Caretaker isn't the most complex play to do lighting and sound for but I managed to pick up on it very easily and remained focused which is a huge victory for me as I usually have the attention span of a mayfly.

In terms of Shrek updates, I got in! I ended up with the part of Thelonius aka Lord Farquaad's masked henchman who is apparently the funniest role in the show. I'm happy about this since I never want the biggest role in theatre, just the funniest. Panto's still going well. We managed to do our first dress rehearsal and I was happy to see that I had a cape (even if it kept snagging in the doorways)! It's not long before I start now and I'll definitely be in for a busy February. I'm glad to see that I have something to do on Valentine's Day this year!

I also finally managed to join a church in my home town! It's called Queensway Chapel and whilst it isn't as lively as Chroma in Leicester, it's certainly a good one with a strong holy atmosphere. This combined with Shrek, panto and my technical work means that I'm finally able to have an active social life, at least when it comes to hobbies.

However, things are a bit tricky for me right now. My stepdad was scratched by the dogs and it got really badly infected and he's still hospitalised to this day. I basically had to step up as both man of the house and dogsitter which I'm happy to do but it just keeps me busy. It's because of this that I was left unable to do the technical stuff for The Caretaker this week (aka their show week) because he was also helping and was my lift there and back. Fortunately, they knew about this and was okay with it and I was still able to attend my first Shrek rehearsal thanks to a friend of ours.

Film reviews are still going strong as my review of Jojo Rabbit is now online. I personally found it to be an uplifting reminder that fascism will ultimately fail so long as there is love in the world, even if I didn't find it that funny. Job hunting is pretty much the same except that I have an interview at a local cinema tonight. I will let you know how it goes on the next blog.

So yeah, stressful and busy times but I'm glad it's busy. 2020 may not be a good year in general so far but it seems to be a good year for me at least. Now if only I figured out a way to calm down!

Anyway, I'll try and push the next one out earlier but until then, fare thee well good people of the internet.

Meme of the Day:

Image may contain: 3 people, text



No comments:

Post a Comment