Logo

Logo

Thursday 9 January 2020

The BBC, Shrek and Cats (03/01/2020-09/01/2020)

Image result for shrek memes"
This was the only Shrek meme I could find that wasn't awful...

So 2020 has been a crazy year already and I'm only one week in! Besides the worldwide craziness with yet another possible war (which hopefully will not become WWIII... we'll see how China and Russia react) and Australia being on fire, this has been an odd week for me as well. For starters, I finally caved and saw the movie adaptation of Cats on Tuesday. It was a surreal experience for me. Not only was it the first time I went to the cinema by myself (which wasn't nearly as bad as I feared) but the film itself was surreal. It was simultaneously crazier and not as crazy as I thought it would be and I was left utterly bewildered and laughing deliriously through a part of the credits. My full review is here if you want my full thoughts but suffice to say, I both enjoyed and hated this film...

Anyway, on a happier note. I decided to audition for a local production of Shrek: The Musical with my stepdad. At the time of writing this, I have yet to actually audition for it (as it's tonight) but I will let you know how I did.

But perhaps the most exciting thing that happened this week was that I got to go to an interview for BBC Three's mysterious new show (even I don't know much about it). The interview itself was very intense and harrowing as it involved discussing a very very difficult topic that involves murder. I left very shaken by the experience but I hope I did well. As it was in Bristol, I explored it for a bit but I had to travel far and for a long time. It was a long day. Like with Shrek, I don't know the outcome with this and I will let you know in a future blog.

As for my weekly routines, Doctor Who was fun on Sunday but not as good as part 1, Panto rehearsals are going well (even if I need to learn all of my lines), I haven't been called into my place of work for weeks which is worrying but my meetings with my job coach are going smoothly and besides meeting with my best friend and going to rehearsals, I haven't been too social which is worrying.

So yeah, bonkers week! I hope things calm down by next week and the rest of this year is actually a good one. Until the next time, fare thee well good people of the internet!


Meme of the Day:

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says '"Let's take another one, picture" don't like this'

No comments:

Post a Comment